JOIN OUR TEAM
Would you like to work for SJ Bargh?
Please send your completed application form to:
Executive Assistant / HR
Or email email@example.com
DRIVERS REQUIRED – Class 1 and 2
BASED IN LANCASTER – STOKE – HELLIFIELD
contact firstname.lastname@example.org – or download our application form and send to address above.
- Specialist expertise delivering mutual success
- Integrity – In everything we do
- Respect and loyalty – For our customers, our colleagues, our suppliers and our shareholders
Our code of behaviour is at the heart of our business.
- Deliver a Premier Service to our customers
- Be better than our competitors
- Always conduct ourselves and present the company in a professional manner
- Demand the highest standards in everything we do
- Try to anticipate our customers’ needs
- Value and develop colleagues and apply our/their skills imaginatively and responsibly
- Always strive to do better no matter how successful we are
PERMANENT FULL TIME POSITION
Class 1 and Class 2, Full-time and casual HGV drivers needed to work on our Reload and Farm Collection milk operation, based at Stoke / Lancaster / Hellifield.
Please download application form – see link above – and post to Head Office FAO Emma Mashiter or email to email@example.com
NEW at 17.07.18 – PARTS ADVISOR / SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR – The Shires, Stoke on Trent
Working Hours – Monday to Friday 08:00 to 18:00 & Alternate Saturdays 08:00 to 13:00
The role of the Parts Advisor / Service Administrator is to provide timely and efficient support for the operation. Outstanding customer service is expected to both internal and external customers by way of exceptional communication.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Order parts in line with operational needs and chase suppliers
- Assist with collection of parts when required, ensuring they are packaged and documented correctly
- Answer the phone in a friendly and open manner using the company standard greeting
- Assist in controlling optimum stock profile for the branch whilst minimising levels of obsolescence
- Proactively embark on perpetual stock checks working to reducing stock check line discrepancy rate
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness, ensuring the appearance of parts, common areas and retail display units are kept to the highest standards
- Book parts on job cards and finalise technicians job descriptions to invoicing
- Comply with company Safety, Health and Environmental policies at all times
Education and/or Experience
- GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English
- Technical experience and/or qualification
- Automotive industry or fast moving parts sales experience (desirable)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-Motivated and enthusiastic approach
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Good computer skills – preferably knowledge of ADP Autoline 8.35.
- General warehousing skills and knowledge
- Effective communication skills
- Effective time management and organisation skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Administration skills
please submit a CV and covering letter to Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org – closing date for applications 3rd August 2018 – unless successful appointment made earlier.
NEW at 12.07.18 – TANKER / TRAILER PLANNER
Based at our Lancaster Head Office – SJ Bargh Ltd have an exciting and challenging vacancy for a Tanker / Trailer Planner within the Operations Team – extensive transport planning knowledge and experience in a similar role being essential. A brief outline of the role as follows:
- To proactively control the location of all tanks, both full and empty to ensure that they are available for use as required.
- To ensure that tanks are available at reload points as required by farm collection team and any issues are proactively communicated to the farm collection team.
- To proactively plan to ensure that the tanks required for service/MOT are available for internal and external service providers and to proactively communicate with service providers.
- To contact the internal/external service providers on a daily basis and ensure that service planning sheets are up to date.
- To ensure that all tank details are updated on the planning platform and that the planning sheets are completed in an orderly fashion.
- To pass on all breakdowns/defects reported with tanks to the internal/external service providers in a timely fashion.
- To proactively monitor the use of all tanks using the “tanker monitor” facility on the planning platform to ensure that all tanks are being utilised.
- To assist the Traffic Allocator with passing information on to the drivers.
- To ensure that all tanks are equipped with wash sheets and seals.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Head of Operations.
This is a demanding but fulfilling role and we can offer a competitive salary commensurate with skills. If you are confident that you have the proven skills for this position please send your CV and a covering letter to support your application to email@example.com or post to address above.
NEW AT: 05.07. 2018 – COMPLIANCE AND FACILITIES MANAGER – Base – Lancaster – travel to Stoke on Trent and other depots
- Essential qualifications: NEBOSH / IOSH – CPC / INTERNATIONAL preferable
- Experience in the dairy industry would be useful and proven people management skills
- Reporting to Head of Operations
This a very varied and challenging role and experience of the Milk Industry would be advantageous but is not essential – We look forward to hearing from you.
- To ensure that all Company depots, sub depots and reload sites are compliant with agreed operating standards and legislation e.g. DTAS, CIP, health & safety, risk management, security, environment etc.
- Working with Operations Management, to audit all depots, sub depots and reload sites as per the audit calendar to an agreed standard and to ensure that all rectification works are carried out within 28 days of the audit
- To maintain all fridges and freezers to an acceptable standard and to ensure that loggers are downloaded on a weekly basis with data submitted to the appropriate parties.
- To ensure that the equipment, company resources and general infrastructure of all the Company’s depots, sub depots and reload sites are properly maintained ensuring any shortfall is brought to the attention of Senior Management.
- To process site management issues including dilapidation, proposing remedial actions and obtaining competitive quotes from outside suppliers.
- To monitor facilities related spending within your control against budget and forecast – seeking approval before committing to works.
- To liaise with Head of Finance on Company property issues and the redevelopment of the Lancaster site.
- To undertake projects in support of Senior Management using initiative and thoroughness to deliver a professional standard of work in a timely fashion.
- To compare costs for required goods and services to achieve maximum value for money.
- To undertake performance monitoring to improve efficiency, by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity.
- To review agreed work by employees or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies.
- To maintain clear communication networks between all parties internal and external.
- To maintain a good working relationship with internal and external customers.
- To adhere to the Company’s agreed expenditure authorisation policy and process without exception.
- To undertake appropriate training and personal development activities across the Company as required.
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required, consistent with the nature and level of the post.
We can offer a competitive salary and employee benefits for the right person.
If you are confident you have the essential qualifications noted above and relevant experience we would welcome your application: please send with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is Thursday 26th July 2018
NEW AT 28.06.18 – CLAUGHTON DEPOT – WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS – ADMINISTRATOR
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate preferably with experience of working within a Pallet network together with warehouse operations and health and safety experience, but not essential and a willingness to learn and develop within the business. Duties will be varied and you will support the warehouse operations team with excellent administrative and customer service skills. Full training will be provided.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com – Closing date for applications 27th July 2018.
2 x Night Technicians – Monday – Thursday
2 x Day Technicians – Sunday – Wednesday
- Undertake maintenance and servicing of vehicles and trailers to VOSA and manufacturers standards
- Undertake maintenance of equipment and ancillary equipment to manufacturers and Company standards and procedures
- To access Scania systems such as the Intranet, Citrix, Multi or SAIL and implement the necessary procedures
- Competitive Terms and salary / benefits / pension / death in service benefit
SJ Bargh Ltd has been established 80+ years and continues to invest in it’s commercial development and staff. If you would like a career as a Technician with SJ Bargh please send your CV and current salary to Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org