JOIN OUR TEAM
Would you like to work for SJ Bargh?
Please send your completed application form to:
Executive Assistant / HR
Or email email@example.com
DRIVERS REQUIRED – CLASS 1 AND 2
BASED IN LANCASTER – STOKE – HELLIFIELD
contact firstname.lastname@example.org – or download our application form and send to address above.
- Specialist expertise delivering mutual success
- Integrity – In everything we do
- Respect and loyalty – For our customers, our colleagues, our suppliers and our shareholders
Our code of behaviour is at the heart of our business.
- Deliver a Premier Service to our customers
- Be better than our competitors
- Always conduct ourselves and present the company in a professional manner
- Demand the highest standards in everything we do
- Try to anticipate our customers’ needs
- Value and develop colleagues and apply our/their skills imaginatively and responsibly
- Always strive to do better no matter how successful we are
New at 18.09.18 – FARM COLLECTION DRIVERS REQUIRED – CHESTER AREA
To operate predominantly within the Chester area call 01524 881397 for more information.
To move customers goods from collection to delivery point within an agreed timescale by the most suitable transportation method. To inform traffic office of all delays and maintenance problems and drive in a professional and courteous manner. Job outline in brief:
Drivers must when collecting milk from farm vats do the following checks: (full training will be given)
- Check temperature
- Check smell
- Physically check for any floating foreign bodies
- Must agitate the milk for 2 minutes then take a sample of each vat using different ladles and sample pots
- Label all sample pots with farmers own bar coded labels
- Must not collect from any inappropriate vessel
- Must activate the tank wash when finished collection, (unless notified earlier)
Driver must follow the set route or as per instructed from their line manager.
We can offer good working conditions / Company Pension / Death in Service / Uniform
send CV to email@example.com or telephone 01524 881397 for more information.
PERMANENT FULL TIME POSITION
Class 1 and Class 2, Full-time and casual HGV drivers needed to work on our Reload and Farm Collection milk operation, based at Stoke / Lancaster / Hellifield.
Please download application form – see link above – and post to Head Office FAO Kim Uzer or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW at 06.09.18 – TECHNICIAN – TEAM LEADER (DAYS)
Job Purpose: Provide leadership and vision to the Lancaster team to meet with the business culture and values to drive continuous improvement throughout the workshop | To be accountable for the day to day Lancaster Workshop operation ensuring workloads are carried out in an effective efficient manner | To become a Lancaster Scania Product Technical Specialist
To develop and drive the key KPIs in the Workshop and implement changes to systems and processes
- To lead the team of Lancaster technicians
- To support the Workshop Manager in the running of the Lancaster workshop
- Assist with training at out bases and The Shires depot – Stoke on Trent .
- Be involved with the technical aspects of Scania DOS 4 operating standard.
- Be involved with Scania systems Intranet, Citrix, Multi or My Compass and implement the necessary procedures.
- Mentor the apprentices and other related staff in the workshop
- To undertake maintenance and servicing of vehicles and trailers to VOSA and manufacturers standards.
- Undertake maintenance of equipment and ancillary equipment to manufacturers and Company standards and procedures.
- Complete all relevant paperwork and documentation e.g. service sheets, defect reports, job cards to the correct standard.
- Maintain a safe and tidy workplace and assist in general housekeeping.
- Assist in the ordering of parts when authorised and making sure all parts are booked to the correct jobs.
- Adhere to all Company rules. Ensure that workplace health and safety requirements are met and any other regulations laid out by law.
- Report, inspect and document findings and faults to equipment on a daily basis and throughout the course of the working day.
- Assist in the improvement & development of the workshop operation.
- To maintain a professional appearance in the workplace in line with Company requirements.
- To undertake appropriate training and personal development activities.
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required, consistent with the nature and level of this senior post.
If you are confident that you have the abilities essential to carry out this role – please send your CV and covering letter to Michael.email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 19th September 2018
NEW at 09.08.18 – TRANSPORT MANAGER – based at Lancaster
We have an exciting challenging vacancy for a Transport Manager to support our Reload Team.
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
CPC / ISOH or NEBOSH
Strong leadership skills / previous experience managing a large transport team
- Effectively organise and manage a team of planners, drivers and vehicles
- Be first point of contact for any problems that might arise – requiring expert communication skills
- Develop customer relationships, dealing with queries and complaints calmly and decisively
- Be aware of all transport legislation and procedures to ensure Company compliance
- Allocate and record resources and movements on the transport planning system
- Investigating and interviewing post incident and / or accident reports
- Possess knowledge and understanding of budgets and financial controls, legislation and relevant fleet controls
- Implement transport strategies
- Manage staffing levels effectively
- To adhere to the Company’s agreed expenditure authorisation policy and process without exception.
- Ensure Rostas effectively resourced to minimise RDW and overtime payments
- Ensure cost effective planning maximising commercial return
- Support the Driver Trainer and Compliance / Health and Safety Manager
- Be safety conscious with a full knowledge of transport operations and vehicles
- To undertake appropriate training and personal development activities across the Company as required
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required, consistent with the nature and level of the post.
If you are confident that you have the skills required to be successful in this position together with proven experience in a similar role and milk industry knowledge (preferred but not essential) please send your CV and covering letter to Head of Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org or email Lee for further information and he will call you back to discuss the position. We can offer a competitive salary and additional company benefits. Closing Date for Applications: Friday 24th August 2018
NEW at 09.08.18 – DRIVER TRAINER – based at Lancaster
Reporting to: Driver Trainer Manager
Job Purpose: To provide training and development to the drivers employed by SJ Bargh Ltd and 3rd parties through driver assessments one to one coaching and classroom training. To assist the admin support team / carry out driver assessments and completion of new employee inductions.
- To undertake assessment of new drivers during interview process and to feedback findings to The Driver Training Manager
- To undertake assessment of drivers employed by SJ Bargh Ltd
- To deliver driver training program in line with driver CPC requirements and company program in both classroom and field based environments
- To work with the Driver Training Manager to improve fleet fuel efficiency
- To work with the Driver Training Manager to reduce accident damage
- To carry out accident investigation and interview drivers as required
- To undertake projects in support of senior management using initiative and thoroughness to deliver a professional standard of work in a timely fashion
- To undertake appropriate training and personal development activities
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required, consistent with the nature and level of the post
- To assist in promotion and development of future planned training department initiatives.
- To undertake support and training of non-driving colleagues in line with business requirements
Salary dependent on qualifications and experience. Pension and Death in Service benefits.
Please send your CV and covering letter outlining your relevant experience in a similar role to email@example.com. Closing date for Applications Friday 24th August 2018
NEW at 07.08.18 – PARTS ADVISOR / SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR – The Shires, Stoke on Trent
Working Hours – Monday to Friday 08:00 to 18:00 & Alternate Saturdays 08:00 to 13:00
The role of the Parts Advisor / Service Administrator is to provide timely and efficient support for the operation. Automotive industry or fast moving parts sales experience is desirable together with outstanding customer service is expected to both internal and external customers by way of exceptional communication. We can offer a competitive salary dependent on level of experience.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Order parts in line with operational needs and chase suppliers
- Assist with collection of parts when required, ensuring they are packaged and documented correctly
- Answer the phone in a friendly and open manner using the company standard greeting
- Assist in controlling optimum stock profile for the branch whilst minimising levels of obsolescence
- Proactively embark on perpetual stock checks working to reducing stock check line discrepancy rate
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness, ensuring the appearance of parts, common areas and retail display units are kept to the highest standards
- Book parts on job cards and finalise technicians job descriptions to invoicing
- Comply with company Safety, Health and Environmental policies at all times
Education and/or Experience
- GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English
- Technical experience and/or qualification
- Automotive industry or fast moving parts sales experience (desirable)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-Motivated and enthusiastic approach
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Good computer skills – preferably knowledge of ADP Autoline 8.35.
- General warehousing skills and knowledge
- Effective communication skills
- Effective time management and organisation skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Administration skills
please submit a CV and covering letter to Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org – closing date for applications 24th August 2018 – unless successful appointment made earlier.
2 x Night Technicians – Monday – Thursday
2 x Day Technicians – Sunday – Wednesday
- Undertake maintenance and servicing of vehicles and trailers to VOSA and manufacturers standards
- Undertake maintenance of equipment and ancillary equipment to manufacturers and Company standards and procedures
- To access Scania systems such as the Intranet, Citrix, Multi or SAIL and implement the necessary procedures
- Competitive Terms and salary / benefits / pension / death in service benefit
SJ Bargh Ltd has been established 80+ years and continues to invest in it’s commercial development and staff. If you would like a career as a Technician with SJ Bargh please send your CV and current salary to Michael.email@example.com