JOIN OUR TEAM
Would you like to work for SJ Bargh?
Please send your completed application form to:
Executive Assistant / HR
Or email email@example.com
* NEW as at 15th Feb 2018 – DRIVERS REQUIRED – Class 1 and 2 contact firstname.lastname@example.org – or download our application form and send to address above.
Specialist expertise delivering mutual success
- Integrity – In everything we do
- Respect and loyalty – For our customers, our colleagues, our suppliers and our shareholders
Our code of behaviour is at the heart of our business.
- Deliver a Premier Service to our customers
- Be better than our competitors
- Always conduct ourselves and present the company in a professional manner
- Demand the highest standards in everything we do
- Try to anticipate our customers’ needs
- Value and develop colleagues and apply our/their skills imaginatively and responsibly
- Always strive to do better no matter how successful we are
PERMANENT FULL TIME POSITION
Class 1, Full-time and casual HGV drivers needed to work on our Reload and Farm Collection milk operation, based at Stoke or Lancaster.
Please download application form – see link above – and post to Head Office FAO Emma Mashiter or email to email@example.com
DRIVER TRAINER – Lancaster (new at 5th April 2018)
As SJ Bargh continues to grow, acquiring new businesses and investing in longstanding operations and employees;
We are looking to recruit an experienced, motivated, enthusiastic and competent transport trainer with good communication skills. The role will predominantly operate from our purpose built premises on Caton Road, Lancaster but may also be required to train from our new premises at Longton – Stoke – The Shires.
Job Purpose: to provide training and development to the drivers employed by S J Bargh Ltd and 3rd parties through driver instructing |assessments | one to one coaching and classroom training
Key Skills: DSA Registered / LGV Driving Instructor / ADR / CPC trainer/
- To undertake assessment of drivers employed by SJ Bargh Ltd
- To undertake assessment of new drivers during interview process and to prepare feedback / paperwork
- To deliver a driver training program in line with driver CPC requirements and company program in both classroom and field based environments
- To work towards increasing fuel efficiency
- To work towards reducing accident damage
- To carry out accident investigation and interview drivers as required
- To undertake projects in support of senior management using initiative and thoroughness to deliver a professional standard of work in a timely fashion
- To undertake appropriate training and personal development activities
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required, consistent with the nature and level of the post
This is an outline of the main responsibilities of the post and may be subject to future amendment as may be deemed appropriate.
We can offer a competitive salary and employee benefits. Please send your CV and supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PARTS ADVISER / SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR – The Shires – Stoke (new at 5th April 2018)
Working Hours – Monday to Friday 08:00 to 18:00 & Alternate Saturdays 08:00 to 13:00
The role of the Parts Adviser / Service Administrator is to provide timely and efficient support for the operation. Outstanding customer service is expected to both internal and external customers by way of exceptional communication.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Order parts in line with operational needs and chase suppliers
- Assist with collection of parts when required, ensuring they are packaged and documented correctly
- Answer the phone in a friendly and open manner using the company standard greeting
- Assist in controlling optimum stock profile for the branch whilst minimising levels of obsolescence
- Proactively embark on perpetual stock checks working to reducing stock check line discrepancy rate
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness, ensuring the appearance of parts, common areas and retail display units are kept to the highest standards
- Book parts on job cards and finalise technicians job descriptions to invoicing
- Comply with company Safety, Health and Environmental policies at all times
Education and/or Experience
- GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English
- Technical experience and/or qualification
- Automotive industry or fast moving parts sales experience (desirable)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-Motivated and enthusiastic approach
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Good computer skills – preferably knowledge of ADP Autoline 8.35.
- General warehousing skills and knowledge
- Effective communication skills
- Effective time management and organisation skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Administration skills
We can offer a competitive salary and employee benefits.
If you are confident you have the qualifications and skills required please forward your CV to email@example.com – closing date 20th April 2018
NEW at 13.02.18 – TECHNICIANS
2 x Night Technicians – Monday – Thursday
2 x Day Technicians – Sunday – Wednesday
- Undertake maintenance and servicing of vehicles and trailers to VOSA and manufacturers standards
- Undertake maintenance of equipment and ancillary equipment to manufacturers and Company standards and procedures
- To access Scania systems such as the Intranet, Citrix, Multi or SAIL and implement the necessary procedures
- Competitive Terms and salary / benefits / pension / death in service benefit
SJ Bargh Ltd has been established 80+ years and continues to invest in it’s commercial development and staff. If you would like a career as a Technician with SJ Bargh please send your CV and current salary to Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org